Today in relevant history:
- 1987 — Knew my October AF was everything but normal. Couldn't begin to fathom that the things that do/don't grow inside my uterus would so profoundly affect not just that year, but the next 20+.
- 1995 — Married my sweetheart.
- 2000 — Knew I needed a second myomectomy.
- 2003 — Started TTC for our 8th anniversary.
- 2007 — "Skipped" our 12th anniversary because I was in the hospital for surgery that would allow us to try IVF.
- 2008 (that's today) — Hugged DH extra hard at 5:58 am when he whispered "Happy anniversary," then teared up when he added a soft "thank you."
- Day 4 of stims.
- Feeling strong and not too stressed.
- Bloating is trying to start.
- Headache pops up about an hour before my shots each evening. (Can you say, "Hormone dip"?)
- Day 5 monitoring tomorrow.
- Staying ahead of my work.
- Listening to meditation CDs and music.
- Reading books.
- Watching movies.
- Flipping through magazines.
- Using the "good" lotions and potions.
- Going to twice-weekly acupuncture sessions.
- Soaking my feet nightly in warm water. (Gotta get that blood and good Qi moving!)
- Taking fistfuls of vitamins and supplements.
- Consuming IVF-/fertility-friendly foods.
- Drinking plenty of water.
- Getting enough sleep.
- Walking the dog (see photo for today's path).
- Cooking and baking.
- Consciously choosing positivity.
- Planning for an "IVF #3 failed" future.
- Trusting that an "IVF #3 worked" future is possible.
IVF #3 worked is the future I am hoping for.
You take the most beautiful pictures!!!
Good luck - I am pulling for you!
What a neat post. I like the pic, the reminders of yesteryear, cycle updates, and positive thinking ... I too agree with Tara ... I love it when things finally go right, I hope that is just that case!
Happy Anniversary sweetie! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you for this cycle
Lots of Hugs
Your plan sounds wonderful. I think it helps to have a "protocol" to rely on as you move through the phases. Best wishes this cycle!
Post a Comment